To access all the features and services provided by AOL, a user needs to have an AOL login account. Since it is a free platform to enjoy web mailing services, it is a favorite platform for the residents of America. They consider using it because it gives them personalized experience along with anti-spam protection features housed under the single umbrella. There is an easy user-interface which gives you the best experience to connect with your loved ones without doing much. Therefore, read-on this document further to know how to create an AOL account and the steps to log in at www.aol.com/mail. The AOL Verizon customers are welcomed at this platform to enjoy safe emailing experiences.
How do I create an AOL account?
- First of all, go to the main page of AOL mail i.e. www.aol.com.
- Further, click on the ‘Create an Account’ option.
- Fill in the registration form.
- Provide your apt details such as name, email address, password, mobile phone number, and date of birth.
- Select your gender and click ‘Continue’.
- After creating an account, you are all set for Aol to sign in.
What is the process of the AOL mail login?
The basic steps to log in to an AOL account are discussed further. Follow these steps systematically:
- Firstly, navigate to mail.aol.com. This will open the Aol mail sign-in page.
- Here, you need to type in the username or the email address you used to register.
- Now, click ‘Next’ and if you do not want to sign in again and again, then tick-mark the box present next to ‘Stay signed in’.
- After this, provide the password you have set during the Aol sign up process.
- Again click ‘Next’ and you are signed in successfully.
Fix login issues at www.mail.aol.com
If you are having trouble while sending or receiving emails from your AOL mail, then you must practice the guidelines give below to help get rid of the AOL mail login issues:
- One should use the Basic version of Aol mail.
- You can try to reset your web settings which mostly work for many users.
- Disable pop-up blocking software if there is any.
- Try to clear the cache of the browser you are using to log in.
- If you have enabled any firewall settings, then you must turn it off temporarily.
- In case you are using Internet Explorer, then turn-off the ‘Protected Mode’ in it.
What can I do with ‘My Aol Account’
With an AOL account, a user can easily manage his account-related tasks. If there is anything concerned with my AOL mail login screen name can also be done at the ‘My Aol Account’ tab. Since a user can have multiple screen names for a single AOL account, he can manage the screen names through this platform. Apart from this, you can edit settings such as username, passwords, and account security questions. That’s not all but it allows you to manage your AOL desktop gold subscription or Aol free services.
The process of AIM mail login
If you wish to use AIM i.e. AOL Instant Messenger, then you must have an account for the same after which you can log in to use its services:
- First of all, open the AOL messenger.
- After this, click on the ‘Sign in/Sign on’ option.
- This will open a dialog box.
- Here, you have to select your Aol webmail screen name.
- Upon choosing the screen name, click ‘Next’.
- Now, enter the login password.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Sign On’ option.
The residents of the US and UK can use the AOL mail login details they use at the official site to login for AIM.
How do I update AOL mail settings?
A user can customize settings in Aol mail according to his needs. These settings include how one wants to compose emails and manage incoming and outgoing messages. On top of that, you can also change the general look of your inbox. To do this:
- First of all, complete the Aol mail sign-in process.
- Navigate where your username is written.
- Under it, click ‘Options’.
- Here, you may choose from the list of tabs of which you want to change the settings.
- The settings tab include:
- General settings
- Compose settings
- Spam settings
- Filter Settings
- Calendar settings
- Learn about AOL Ads
- Select the desired option and customize its settings as you want to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Aol still exist in 2020?
The simple answer to this question is ‘Yes’. It has been rumored that AOL is shutting down but it has not. Only some of its portfolios have been shut down in January 2019 but you can continue to use its emailing services. You can verify this answer by logging in at login.aol.com
Is AOL Mail shutting down?
The authorities of Aol at various times have planned to shut down Aol but they haven’t reached out to a conclusion yet. You might hear rumors of shutting down, but if you can still log in at the AOL mail login platform, it means the services are not discontinued in any way.
Does anyone still use AOL?
Yes, millions of people living in America use Aol services and if you have heard that it is not being used by anyone, then you are wrong. Some sources report that around 25 million people are still using AOL by making roots in the hearts of people since it was launched.
Is AOL Email good?
Although it provides good and free of cost emailing services to the users, there are certain modern features that lack in its interface. The users of Yahoo, Gmail, or Hotmail may not like it but those who are using it from the beginning still want to use it because it is also accessible through the app.
Does AOL still have chat rooms?
Basic AOL mail users may not find the chat room function because Aol has removed it a long ago because there were fewer users who used it. Those who are using AOL Desktop Gold can still enjoy this feature. Using chat rooms, users can have a one-on-one conversation with the other person.
Can I keep my AOL email address for free?
If you do not wish to use the paid version of AOL mail, then you can do so quite easily. There are options to switch from the paid account to the free AOL account. The free AOL account is good for those who only send or receive emails and do some basic emailing operations.
Is there a free version of the AOL Desktop?
The free version of AOL is only available for those users who are already Aol Advantage plan members. Other users can opt for the trial version of AOL Desktop gold for free after which they need to pay for using it. With AOL Desktop Gold, you get various additional features and a customizable toolbar.
How do I fix an AOL email problem?
Some problems can be easily fixed by restarting the PC. If it doesn’t help, then you may use a different web browser to log in. Apart from this, clearing the browser’s cache may also work. If the emailing problems persist even after doing so, then you may disable the pop-up blocking software and the firewall.