Sometimes, you need to block emails on AOL because they are unpleasant or spam emails and you do not want to receive such emails any longer. If you also wish to block unwanted emails on AOL, then you may do so easily by following the steps given in the sections that follow.
Steps to block spam emails on AOL
Follow the steps given below to block emails on AOL:
- First of all, open the AOL mail either from the app or web browser.
- After this, complete the AOL mail sign in process.
- Further, you need to click on ‘Options’ present under your username.
- Now, click on the Mail settings option.
- Next, you have to click on the AOL Spam Settings tab.
- Here, you need to enter the username or email address you want to block.
- Now, click in the + icon followed by tapping the Save Settings button.
If you wish to remove an email address from the blocked list, then click on the X button present next to it.
How to manage unwanted emails on AOL?
AOL automatically identifies a spam email with its spam filter, but sometimes a spam email may still reach you. In this situation, you can take these steps to not get those unwanted emails again by marking them as spam. Doing so will make that message go in the spam folder. Here’s how you can do this:
- Open AOL mail and sign in to your account.
- Further, click on the spam message that you are receiving.
- Here, you need to click on the Spam option available at the top of the page.
- Now, you are done because you won’t receive the email from this address into your inbox.
Easy steps to block an email address on AOL on iPhone
- First of all, log in to your AOL account.
- Further, click on the Mail icon.
- After this, click on the Settings icon.
- In the Settings tab, tap on Spam Controls.
- Now, click the Block mail from addresses I specify option available in the Sender filter.
- In the given space, enter the email address that you wish to block.
- Click Save and you are done.
How do I keep an email from going to spam in AOL?
If an email directly goes to your spam folder and you do not want this to happen, then you have to whitelist that particular contact so that the email from that particular sender reaches directly to your inbox. To whitelist a sender:
- Log in to your AOL account.
- Click on the Contacts option available on the left navigation bar.
- Now, click on the New Contact icon.
- Enter the required details in the given field.
- Click on the Add contact option once you are done.
This is how you can deal with unwanted or spam emails on your AOL. If you are unable to follow any step, then you may try to repeat the process or get expert assistance.